Thursday, July 1, 2010

♥Today is The Toy Bug's 3rd Birthday♥



A few years ago I had a dream - about creating a business where parents could purchase quality, value for money educational toys that would help with their children’s skill developments and toys that their children would enjoy playing and learning with at the same time. Three years ago, that dream, The Toy Bug, became a reality.

Today I spent the day with my son, going to visit an old school friend who is just about to experience the wonderful joy of becoming a mum herself, taking my son for a haircut and having him sit there without screaming (a huge triumph) and then taking him to McDonalds as a reward. While sitting at McDonald I thought about my journey over the past 3 years and what a journey it has been! It has been a HUGE and wonderful learning experience for me not just in the terms of business but personally too.

We have come so fair since the 1st catalogue went out in July 2007 to now being online and having the most wonderful supporting customers. You, our customers, are the soul of our business – you are the ones who I am celebrating today. ♥SO THANK YOU ALL FOR MAKING THE TOY BUG WHAT IT IS TODAY♥. Your lovely emails and feedback motivate me, inspire me and sometimes moves me to tears of joy and I thank you every single day for allowing me to bring our wonderful products into your children’s lives.

I too have to thank my silent supporters who hold my hand when my life starts to gets too much, who give me brilliant ideas, who push me to strive and believe in me – I thank you from the bottom of my heart♥:

My Gorgeous son Lachie – who is my biggest inspiration and without him there would be no The Toy Bug! He is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I love him more than words can say - I love him Autism and all and would not have it any other way! We have climbed many mountains over the past 6 years and I know there will be many more to climb and I thank him for showing me that I possess many qualities I never knew I had in me like patience, acceptance, understanding, strength and to appreciate the smallest things in life like a smile, hug or hearing the words most take for granted like “mum”. I believe all parents are given their child/ren for a reason and I am happy that God found me for Lachie and that I am a changed person with having him in my life!

My Husband - for having faith in me and allowing me to follow my dream and using our hard earned savings to start The Toy Bug. For his continued love and support in all I do and for helping out with the cooking, cleaning, ironing, stocktakes, packing orders and being my critic – yes I am a very lucky lady!

My son’s therapists who helped my son, taught me the most amazing skills, given me wonderful advice and helped my family in more ways than they will ever know.

My beautiful family and friends who helped me along the way with looking after Lachie when I needed to get things done, for giving me brilliant ideas, helping pack orders, giving me a shoulder to cry on when life gets too much and for making me take time out for myself so I don’t burn out!

A big Thank You to all the beautiful families touched by Special Needs – I thank you for your support and spreading the word about The Toy Bug. You are all an inspiration to me – how everyday you put one foot in front of the other and deal with whatever is thrown at you. For fighting day after day for your child’s rights so they can lead a fulfilling life and promoting public awareness.

A big Thank you to the wonderful networking communities I am apart of - I have meet some of the most amazing and inspiring people who have guided me, supported me and inspired me to be a better person, business women and Mum.

2010/2011 is going to be a big year at The Toy Bug, I am working on some wonderful new ideas, bringing you new products and supplying old favourites and I’m looking forward to sharing the journey with you!

So please grab your glass of whatever tasty beverage you have (mine has bubbles) and toast with me today to another year of The Toy Bug and too many more to come!

*Clink *Cheers*


2 comments:

Kelly said...

Jo, you are so beautiful! I'm so glad to have met you. You are an inspiration to me. This tribute make me cry.

SquiggleMum said...

What a beautiful post Jo. Congratulations on your 3rd biz birthday. It's been so lovely watching you and The Toy Bug continue to grow and shine. xx

Welcome to The Toy Bug Blog!

Here you will find all sorts of useful information about The Toy Bug including sneak peeks at new products coming into the store, profiles on toys and information and stories about our Autism Journey.

We hope you'll check back often to see whats new :-)
Cheers Jo xo